The Toronto Saracens RFC was established during the early 1950′s. It was formed from the sum of players branching out from the Toronto Irish, Nomads and Barbarians. All of those clubs had an overabundance of players at that time. Back then, the rugby games were played at High Park. After the games the team would visit the various local pubs in and around the area. It was there, in one of those establishments (not too sure which one), that the Toronto Saracens Rugby Football Club was conceived.

The Toronto Saracens was initially formed in 1953, but formally established in 1954. Since then, the Saracens have won the Carling Cup twice (1959 and 1977), the Pony Bowl (1982) and the Old Vienna Cup (Marshall Trophy) (1983). We are one of the original investors in the “Home of Ontario Rugby” Fletchers’ Fields, which is our home field.