- Address:400 Creditstone Rd, Unit 37 Concord, ON L4K 3Z3
- Field Location:St. Jean de Brebeuf Catholic High School 2 Davos Rd, Vaughan, ON L4H 2Y1
- Club Website:Visit Club Website
- General Email Address:email@example.com
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- President:Anthony Perri | Email Address:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fixtures:Robert Brusco | Fixtures Email:email@example.com
- Other Contact:Mark Redigonia - Junior Director | Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
A group of former graduates from York University, led by Larry Nancekivell, decided to continue their playing career in the Ontario Rugby Union and founded the club in 1972. Throughout the ‘90s, the club enjoyed tremendous success and made history by winning both the Ontario league championships and McCormick Cups in 1993, 1994, and 1995. The Yeomen also captured another Cup in 2001.
Under the leadership of then coach Bruce Smith, players Bill Handson, Zlatko Cvitak, John Hutchinson, Joe Pagano and Michael Barbieri were named to the Canadian National team. Bill Handson played in the first ever World Cup in 1987, John Hutchison played in the World Cup in 1995, while Joe Pagano played in the 1999 World Cup. An international element was added when Roberto Barbieri was selected to play for the Italian National team for the 2011 World Cup.
The club is now the Vaughan Yeomen operating as a Community Sponsored Organization, including the exciting addition of mini rugby and a growing junior program.