Rookie Rugby is a great supplement for existing rugby clubs or for new, developing rugby clubs. Incorporating a youth program serves as a feeder system into other existing programs. This allows for kids to experience the sport at a younger age, therefore increasing a club’s overall membership and competitiveness. Check out the benefits of starting a Rookie Rugby program in your club today:
- Non-Contact – Rookie Rugby uses flag belts to eliminate the contact element of rugby. This makes it safe for all ages and eases any parent concerns for starting their children in rugby.
- Low Cost – Starting a Rookie Rugby program is cost-effective because rugby clubs already have the field space and most equipment to get started.
- Revenue Generating – Similar to many other youth sports, Rookie Rugby can be a great way to bring more revenue to your organization. It increases your membership numbers and brings more awareness to your programs.
- Indoor and Outdoor Program – Flag rugby is safe on basketball courts, fields, and parking lots! This allows you to increase your club offerings during colder months.
- Co-Ed Play – Rookie Rugby can be played by boys and girls of all ages! If you do not have girls-specific programing yet, Rookie Rugby is a great way to start offering rugby for girls!
For more information, please visit: www.rookierugby.ca