The Toronto Dragons Rugby Club is looking to recruit new members to its coaching staff for our three senior men’s teams in time for the 2015 pre- season.
In particular, we are searching for a progressively minded HEAD COACH who is able to commit fully to the club ahead of winter training. We are also interested in recruiting assistant and specialist coaches willing to contribute their time and expertise during the season.
As a club catering to a wide range of abilities and ages, the head coach must be able to work with all skill levels and adapt their techniques as needed. This includes:
● Creating a positive training and playing environment for all participants.
● Helping to mentor team members transitioning from junior to senior rugby.
● Adapting coaching techniques for those new to the game, whilst ensuring more experienced players are challenged during practice sessions.
● Develop rugby ‘game sense’ for those with limited rugby experience.
As head coach, you will be expected to:
● Create and develop a plan for the season.
● Outline long-term goals for the team and individuals.
● Create structured practice plans and identify training targets for our winter, pre-season and regular season.
● Be able to coach all positions on the field.
Interested applicants should contact Club President Jon Sowerby (firstname.lastname@example.org ), outlining their coaching experience and qualifications. We hope to have the new coaching team in place by the end of 2014.
The Toronto Dragons Rugby Club is a growing enterprise, with 3 senior sides as well as U18 and U16 teams and a minis program with U12, U10 and U8 participation. We are committed to the development and enhancement of rugby in the Downtown Toronto area which includes contributing volunteer coaches in local area high schools and organizing rugby skills clinics are two of the ways we are attempting to advance the sport at the grassroots level in the community at large. We strive to field competitive teams at all levels and also create an active and vibrant social scene for our Club members. By developing camaraderie and teamwork on and off the pitch, we hope to provide every member of our Club with a great experience. The Dragons are in the TRU Premier Division with long -term goals to win the division and advance beyond. For more club info, go to: